Finding a ranch for sale that best fits your desires can take many months. If you are interested in specific qualities of a ranch more than a specific location, you may want to work with one Realtor® and establish an "Exclusive Buyer's Agency Contract". This would serve to protect yourself and instill confidence with your Realtor® that you are committed to working with him/her. This way you could outline specific details and let this person go to work for you. They may be more likely to dedicate the time and expend the extra energy needed to find the ranch for sale that best fits your needs.
A few things to remember when looking at ranch properties for sale:
- What are the comparible sales?
- Obtain legal/professional assistance to ensure a solid Title
- Mineral rights aspects
- Transfering water rights
- Easement issues
- Environment concerns
- Conservation Easements
- Do they protect the scenic and wild attributes of the ranch?
- Do they or can they help to increase property tax savings?
- What is required to preserve and maintain the wetlands?
- Where are the floodplains and what is their impact on the ranch?
- What is the ranch's best use? Cattle, recreation, agriculture, mixed use, or just a great spot to relax?
- Are there historic structures and land areas within the ranch?
- What developmental limitations are there and what is required to maintain them?
- What limitations are there on developing the land in the future?
The multiple listing information is provided by the Multiple Listing Service of the Teton County Board of REALTORS©, Inc. from a copyrighted compilation of listings. The compilation of listings and each individual listing are © 2010 Multiple Listing Service of the Teton County Board of REALTORS©, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The information provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate, and should be independently verified. The Multiple Listing Service of the Teton County Board of REALTORS©, Inc. is not responsible or liable for any inaccuracies.